As soon as you know you’re Moving
- Think about your child care needs and if other relatives will be affected by your move.
- Start researching the new community and where you would like to live.
- If you are buying or selling a home, contact a real estate agent.
- Talk to your children about the move.
Eight weeks before you move
Six weeks before you move
Four weeks before you move
Two weeks before you move
One week before you move
- Discontinue newspaper delivery.
- Fill your prescriptions.
- Complete as many errands as you can (like picking up the dry cleaning, having the carpets cleaned, and returning books to the library).
One or two days before you move
- Pack your belongings or have the movers pack them for you. Have your children pack any special items they would like
- Set aside valuables and important papers to take with you.
- Defrost the freezer and clean out the refrigerator.
- Conﬁrm your arrangements with the moving company or your reservation with the truck rental company.
- Be available when the movers arrive.
- Walk through the house when the truck is loaded to make sure nothing is left behind.
- Record utility meter readings.
- Take a ﬁnal walk around the house and neighborhood with the family to say goodbye.
After you arrive
- Meet the movers at your new home.
- Check your belongings for damaged or missing property
- Celebrate your arrival!
- Take a walk around the new neighborhood to familiarize yourself.
- Take some time to relax!
You need to gather more information before your decision to Move a new place
- Handling stress
- Choosing a new community
- Cost considerations
- Temporary storage
|Dubai-UAE home packing and Moving services|